5.16.2007

Brick Path

The backyard reclaimation project continues. I dug out the earth and set the path yesterday afternoon, and today once my illo work is done, I plan to fill the gaps with dirt and topsoil and add a little grass seed. All of this sould happen just in time for the thunderstorm and hail we're supposed to get this evening. ugh.

I also recently built that little brick wall that's flush with the path. I think it looks good, but I'm having trouble finding an adhesive that will hold the bricks together. Any ideas or reccommendations that don't involve me out there with a cement mixer and trowel?

4 comments:

Bill Peschel said...

I believe mortar comes in a tube like caulk. That seems ideal for small jobs like this.

Robert Ullman said...

I initially tried something that came in a caulk-like tube, but it didn't hold up very well...didn't stick after about a week or so. It wasn't mortar, just some kind of white gluey stuff, but the labels said "industrial strength" and "great for bricks" so...

Something tells me I am gonna end up out there with old-school mortar and a trowel!

Anonymous said...

I would just fill with some hardpack sand and tamp it down

Unknown said...

Sand is definitely the way to go with this project