12.07.2007

Big Pernice Brothers Sale

If you like power pop or indie rock, and you've never heard the music of the Pernice Brothers, you are seriously missing out. That's why you should head on over to the Pernice Brothers official website and order some CDs. Best of all, all the CDs are on sale for just $7 through this coming Monday...it's such an incredible deal, I can't even describe it (T-shirts are on sale too). My personal favorite record of theirs is probably The World Won't End, but Yours, Mine and Ours is really awesome too. Aw hell, you really can't go wrong with any of them.

Here's an illustration I did for (and of) the band that I did back in 2005...it was the cover of a cool little comic book that was a special giveaway for early-orderers of Discover a Lovelier You.

Seriously, go buy some CDs. You'll thank me later.

2 comments:

Robert Cass said...

I bought "The World Won't End" for my brother during that sale, and I'm glad to hear that's your favorite album of theirs as well. I don't feel like that one gets enough attention, but I think it's their most consistent overall. "Working Girls (Sunlight Shines)" and "Let That Show" are amazing songs. On a side note, the e-mails that Ashmont Records sends out are funny and well-written.

Sorry to hear about your job at Washington City Paper. I work at the Chicago Reader, and it's grim up here too, just in time for the holidays.

Robert Ullman said...

Hey Robert- Glad to hear it! I turned my brother on to the Bros as well, a few years ago...I've never had anyone be disappointed in the reccommendation.

To re-echo your sentiments about "The World Won't End", yeah, it's amazing. Those first five songs are the strongest opening lineup since the '75 Reds.