7.05.2009

San Diego Comic Con



Holy crap! Can you believe that the San Diego Comic Con is less than three weeks away? I sure as hell can't!

I've never been to SDCC before, either as a fan or as an exhibitor, but with the new BrandStudio Press book out, I figured there'd never be a better time to take the plunge and make the trip. I'm a little nervous about it...the mere physical size of the thing is daunting, and I'm really hoping I don't get lost in the shuffle, a grain of sand in an ocean of unspeakably talented creators...but however it plays out, I know that it'll be a fantastic time, and that I'll get to hang out with some of my best pals for an extended weekend in the beautiful So Cal weather.

Anyway, I'll be at table P-10 in the Small Press Area, exhibiting as Wide Awake Press alongside comic genius J. Chris Campbell. Make your plans to stop on by now!

7 comments:

Michael Dooney said...

I'm sure you'll love the con. From an artistic point of view there are only two reactions to come away with...you'll either be totally jazzed by all of the fantastic work and be all fired up or completely demoralized that there are sooooo many talented artists that you never heard of before....hopefully you'll have the first reaction!

James Anderson said...

I'll be looking for you Chappy. If you want to hold off sending my book I can pick it up there.

Robert Ullman said...

Oh, awesome! I'll bring your Scott Morse sketchbook too!

Robert Ullman said...

Michael- I'm fully expecting to come home and break all my pencils!

Brian said...

I hope you and Chris have an awesome time!

James Anderson said...

Chappy, if you're interested, there's a Dr. Sketchy event going on that Friday night hosted by Molly Crabapple herself. Tickets are being sold in advance and I'm not sure if there are any left, but here's a link:
http://drsketchysandiego.wordpress.com/
A friend of mine picked some up for him and I, so I'll be there. Otherwise, see you at the con!

Kansas said...

I'll be there!

Was wondering if I could send you a pic of my gf and you could draw her in a San Francisco 49ers jersey... :D