2.12.2010

Go Team USA!

The Winter Olympics begin tonight! I'm gonna be glued to the set for the next two weeks. As usual, I'll be following the hockey tournaments closest of all, but I definitely plan to take in a good deal of curling as well. Hell, I dig almost all the sports in the winter games.

This is the sweater the USA hockey teams will be sporting in Vancouver, this one specifically by the Penguins' Brooks "Free Candy" Orpik. While it's not my favorite design of all those in the tournament, it's a big improvement over what they've worn in recent years. I'm especially not a fan of that squarish collar...leave it to Nike to screw up a hockey jersey with extraneous bullshit details!

8 comments:

Matt G said...

Love it! Hockey and curling? Yes!

Where's the girl in curling sweater and kilt?

Adam said...

That square collar does extenuate some sweet cleavage though, and that there is a plus.

Mark said...

You nailed it. I didn't realize just how essential a v-neck is to the look of a hockey jersey until I saw the square collar.

Todd V said...

Finally...something to get me excited about the Olympics!! Thanks Rob!

jjh said...

Wow - Outstanding. Thanks Robert.

bdouglas701 said...

That girl can wear the shit outta that square collar! Otherwise, bad move by Nike. Gonna be some good games!

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure how I feel about my GF's likeness being used for this. :/

-SA

Robert Ullman said...

Thought I'd changed the look around enough that you'd be cool with it...let me know if it's a problem.