2.06.2011

XLV

I'm not gonna lie to you...it's been a shit weekend. I woke up yesterday to find the spinning wheel of death on my computer, and had to take it in to (hopefully) be repaired. They'll have news for me Wednesday at the earliest. All my work, including my new Steelers/Super Bowl piece, is locked up deep somewhere on that inaccessible hard drive, which doesn't exactly make you sleep easy at night. Geno Malkin broke his knee and is lost to the Penguins for the season, enabling them to be blanked by the asshole Caps this afternoon. I was awoken this morning from a vivid dream where I was making dinner for my daughter by that same daughter slapping me in the middle of my back, meaning I'm her bitch in both the real world AND my subconscious. Spilled coffee in my lap this morning. Dog shit in the house twice. Ginger Classic called on account of rain. Yeah, it's been a shit weekend.

All that will go away, however, if at around ten o'clock this evening, the Pittsburgh Steelers can bring home Number Seven.

It's been an odd year...I'm still not over the Roethlisberger thing, and at times, I'll admit that's it's made it really hard to give a shit. It bothers the HELL out of me that there'll always be a "Yeah, but..." when you're discussing the Steelers of the 2000's.

Still, there are 52 guys on that team, and at least two hall of fame coaches, who aren't scumbags...and they played their asses off in the first four weeks of the season when they would've had every excuse to roll over and play dead. Those guys deserve it. Steelers, 33-27

13 comments:

Rob McMonigal said...

Yeah, that about sums up my feelings. Not that fond of Ben and Harrison, but Tomlin is a class act and so is most of the rest of the team. Plus, I want them to stick it to the Patriots and all those who keep thinking that group of underachievers is an "elite" team.

Stoosh said...

Well put, guys.

In the same boat with the thoughts on Roethlisberger. I was a huge fan of his when the Steelers drafted him and remained so, but his off-field stuff made it tougher to cheer for him. Culminated of course with the incident in Georgia. Hope he's reformed as a person, as this is something that will always be attached to his legacy.

But as you both mentioned, there are plenty of guys on this team that are all class - from Tomlin and Lebeau to Polamalu, Woodley, Keisel, Mendenhall, Hampton. Tomlin is right up there with Bylsma in terms of coaches that would make me want to run through a wall to win a championship, and a solid coach to boot.

Should be a great game. Hope you guys both get a chance to kick back, open a cold one and enjoy Number Seven.

Evan S said...

Rob,

Don't mean to pile on man, but you don't have an external hard drive backup? For real? Its the year 2011!

Richard.H said...

Sucks about your computer. Hope it all works out.

Todd V said...

Rob.

You are not alone....the news on Geno sucked the air out of the Pens run...if I had a dog, I'm sure he'd have shit on my floor a couple times today during that awful game today...and right now he'd be going back to piss on the same spots with 2 INT's. Stillers are giving this one away...I love this current Defense...but where the hell are they?? Troy, Woodley, BEAST 92...need a big 2nd half to at least keep this thing respectable.
Here's to a big 2nd half....Steelers get #7! And Sid comes back rested up for a Pens playoff run for the ages!!

Todd V said...

And Sid comes back rested up for a Pens playoff run for the ages!!

Robert Ullman said...

I do have an external backup, but I usually do backups every other week or so. So everything I'd been working on last week is up in the air.

Also, fuck. If this weekend was a person I'd hit him in the face with a baseball bat.

TJ said...

Not to rub salt in people's wounds, but I had the Pack all the way.

Too back no one (that I can think of) in Pack land ever stumbled and thought to commission Rob to do a lil sumthin.

Maybe we dont really need to see all those sausage n cheese fed ladies in scantily clad poses.

TJ said...

"too bad" I meant

Anonymous said...

This is for all the times you Pittsburgh Steelers fans rub your Super Bowl Victories in my faces...


IN YOUR FACE!!
IN YOUR FACE!!
IN YOUR FACE!!
IN YOUR FACE!!
IN YOUR FACE!!
IN YOUR FACE!!
IN YOUR FACE!!
IN YOUR FACE!!
IN YOUR FACE!!
IN YOUR FACE!!

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE CHOKERS NOW!!!

Todd V said...

Uh, Anonymous....how many "faces" do you have? Sorry, us "Steeler fans" only meant to rub it in to one.

Robert Ullman said...

Yeah, no kiddin'. Let me guess, Anonymous...Browns fan? Bengals?

Either way, make sure and stop on by again next season when the Steelers are on the way to the playoffs and your team is considering who to draft with their top five pick.

strugglingwriter said...

And it continues Tuesday night as the Pens get hammered by Columbus. Man this team need offensive help soon.